- LATEST NEWS
- Amendments to previosly published programme
The latest club newsletter is available as a pdf. If anyone has any thing that they want in the next newsletter then place contact Susie Quinn (details in club handbook).
Click here for the newsletter
Saturday 14th January 2017
LATE AUTUMN SERIES-VENTURE 2016
LYC Results are provisional as of 7:52 on January 14, 2017 VENTURE 1 Class Sailed: 5, (More info)
Saturday 14th January 2017
LATE AUTUMN IRC 2016
LYC Provisional Results as of 8:31 on January 14, 2017 IRC 1 Class Sailed: 6, Discards: (More info)
Friday 6th January 2017
Committee members wanted
Your club needs you. Its nearly time for the clubs AGM, which will be held on the 17th of February (More info)
Thursday 29th December 2016
2017 LYC racing calendar
Details of the 2017 racing schedule. Please note there are some changes compared to the scheduel (More info)
Thursday 22nd December 2016
Amendments to previosly published programme
Tinsel Star has been postponed and will now be held on Saturday 31st Decemebr 2016 at 10:30 (More info)
Liverpool Yacht Club
Liverpool Yacht Club - We bring sailing into the heart of the city.
With yacht racing all year, and dinghy sailing and cruising from March to October and a busy social calendar we are probably the most successful club in the area.
We also offer beginners training and a wide ranging training programme. You could go from beginner to offshore race crew in six months – it has been done.
We have formed an alliance of Liverpool Yacht Club (LYC) and Tranmere Sailing Club (TSC) with a shared management scheme and joint membership. This means you get to be a member of both clubs.
LYC/TSC is a members club with an ever-open door. Everyone is welcome to join, regardless of experience, and at less than £2 per week it is not just a rich man's sport.
You don't even need a boat. There is always at least one skipper willing to take out extra crew.
And membership gives you the following benefits:
A doorway into the exciting world of sailing.
- Access to our sailing programmes, including racing, cruising and dinghies.
- Opportunities to join in our extensive training programmes.
- Joint ownership of our 30ft powerboat, ribs and dinghies.
- Knowledgeable guidance and support.
- Your membership card and club yearbook (card can be used for discounts in shops).
- Use of the Tranmere clubhouse and workshop.
- Joining in our social activities.
- Access to the members- only area of our website. (under construction).
- A voice in the running of the club and votes at the AGM.
- The right to stand for election as a club officer.
You will find plenty of information on this site but if you want more do not hesitate to contact us.
And, if you are interested in joining in, don't waste time. Come down to Liverpool Marina any Wednesday evening from 9pm, and get in on the action.